Spicy Venison Veggie Soup
This recipe is made with Sonoran Spice Company - Trinidad Scorpion Pepper Powder. Registering 1,000,000 SHU (Scoville Heat Units), we recommend using extreme caution when adding this to your soup. A little can go a long way. If you prefer little to no spice, this can be omitted from your soup.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 1 lb Venison Steak, cubed can be subtituted with beef
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 12 oz pkg frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 32 oz box of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 32 oz box of low sodium beef broth
- 1/8-1/4 tsp Sonoran Spice Company Trinidad Scorpion Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp dehydrated celery fresh can be used, 2-3 stalks
- 1/2 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 3/4 tsp jamaican jerk seasoning
Cube meat, chop onion (and celery if using fresh). Melt 2 tbsp butter in a soup pan. Once melted add meat and onion at the same time. When the onions are soft, add 1/4 cup of broth (either one) and the seasonings. Mix well and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes. Add the mixed vegetables, stir, and cook until nearly thawed. Now stir in the cabbage and coat with the seasoning. Pour remaining broth into the pan to cover all ingredients. Bring to a boil and cook for 20-30 mins.
This can be served with sour cream, cheese, and even corn chips.